Cleveland Car Accident Attorneys
Serving Car Crash Victims in Cleveland and Throughout Northeast Ohio
In 2020, there were more than 245,000 motor vehicle collisions across the state of Ohio. The largest number of traffic crashes--more than 11% of the statewide total--occurred in Cuyahoga County. Of course, not all of these collisions are serious. But, more than 100 people were killed and several hundred seriously injured in the Cleveland area alone.
While traffic accidents are concentrated in more densely populated areas like Cuyahoga, Franklin, and Hamilton counties, motor vehicle collisions happen everywhere. For example, in 2020 there were 2,784 reported crashes in Richland county. More than 400 involved injuries or death. Statewide, there were more than 1,200 traffic fatalities in 2020 and nearly 6,000 serious injuries. Tens of thousands of others sustained less serious injuries.
The Help You Need After a Cleveland Traffic Accident
At Vecchio & Vegh, we’ve been representing injury victims throughout the state of Ohio for nearly four decades. We understand that a motor vehicle accident is jarring, and can upend your life in an instant. Many people facing injury, lost work time, automobile damage and other effects of a car crash are unsure where to turn for help. During that uncertain time, it’s easy to make honest mistakes that can hurt your claim and cut off access to the compensation you need to rebuild. Many insurance companies will take advantage of your inexperience with the claims process to delay payment, hold up repairs, or cut off your rights with an unfairly low settlement. It may feel like the insurance company holds all the power, but it doesn’t have to be that way.
Our Car Accident Attorneys are Here to Help.
We know how important it is for you to have an experienced, dedicated advocate fighting for fair compensation for your injuries, including damages such as:
- * Reimbursement for medical expenses
- * Coverage for future and ongoing medical and rehabilitative costs
- * Compensation for lost income and/or lost future earning capacity
- * Repair costs or replacement of your vehicle
- * Intangible damages such as pain and suffering
We also know that accurate, timely information and support are essential. As you rebuild after an injury or the loss of a loved one, the last thing you need is the added stress of wondering what’s going on with your case or why you haven’t heard from your lawyer. We make sure to explain exactly what you can expect in plain English, and then to update you as your case proceeds. If you have a question, you can reach out directly to your attorney and expect a prompt response by phone or email.
You can rest assured that we are hard at work building your case, negotiating, and--if it’s the best approach in your case--preparing for trial while you focus on recovering and rebuilding.
Start Protecting Your Rights Today
The best next steps depend on the specifics of your case, and on how recently the accident occurred. Some general steps that apply to most injury victims include:
- Seeking medical assessment and treatment as soon as possible
- Following the advice and instructions, you receive from medical providers
- Writing down everything you remember about the accident as soon as possible
- Refraining from talking about the accident on social media and other public forums
- Not relying on information provided by the insurance company responsible for paying damages
- Talking to an experienced Cleveland car accident attorney as soon as possible